The Perfect Canvas
The key to having flawless makeup on your Wedding Day is to have flawless skin to start. Here are some skin-enhancing foods to help you achieve a perfect blank-canvas according to Kimberly Snyder, C.N.’s, “The Beauty Detox Foods.”
- Avocado – Much like the rich, creamy texture of the meat of an avocado, consuming this product will make your skin feel the same! Avocados are rich in skin-nourishing vitamins A, C, E, and K as well as monounsaturated fats that will moisturize and renew your skin from the inside out.
- Spinach – Spinach contains iron, which helps your blood carry the oxygen necessary for youthful looking skin to all body cells.
- Cucumbers – Eat the skins, too! Cucumber skin is rich in silica, which makes your skin radiant and glowing.
- Walnuts – The oiliness of a walnut will help your skin stay soft and touchable. Walnuts contain copper and manganese, which help aid in antioxidant defense. And, the best part, walnuts also contain melatonin that promotes a good night’s rest. We all know how important it is to get your “beauty sleep!”
- Lemon – The Citric Acid in lemons help clear blemishes on the face and body. It also helps in digestion, which is beneficial, not only for your skin, but also the entire body!
In addition to the foods above, keep in mind that eating healthy, regularly exercising, and making sure you are drinking plenty of water are important lifestyle habits to implement (if you haven’t already) for your body to function at its best. These simple steps will make you feel more confident and beautiful than ever on your Big Day!
Love & Beautiful Skin,
Katie @ AKM